Instagram Competition - T&Cs
Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to enter form part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
5. How to enter:
Step 1: Download the Instagram application for iPhone or Android
Step 2: Follow the NZ Sculpture OnShore Instagram page - https://www.instagram.com/nzsculptureonshore/
Step 3: Take and edit your photo
Step 4: Upload the photo to your Instagram account and tag @nzsculptureonshore
(Instagram privacy settings must be set to ʻpublicʼ for us to see your photo)
6. Only entries submitted via the Instagram application and which are appropriately tagged will be accepted. Photographs submitted must be original works.
7. Entries are limited to a maximum of FIVE (5) per entrant. Users found in breach of this limit will forfeit their right to compete.
8. The top ten photos with the most likes will then be judged by our panel of judges and the winner announced Thursday 30 November at 2 pm (NZEST).
9. Judgeʼs decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes cannot be transferred. Non-cash prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
10. The promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or promoter. The promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winnerʼs entry is of a type described in this clause.
11. Entries must be received by 11.59pm (NZEST) Tuesday 21 November 2023. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the NZ Sculpture OnShore database. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
12. Use of images
12.1 All images published on Instagram and tagged to NZSOS may be moderated and displayed on the NZ Sculpture OnShore website and associated social media channels. These images and associated usernames will be public to all.
12.2 By entering the competition and accepting the terms and conditions you agree your images can be broadcast via digital feeds or printed for physical events by NZ Sculpture OnShore.
12.3 We have an agreement with every sculptor in the exhibition that NZ Sculpture OnShore Ltd can use images of their work free of charge and without the need to obtain their consent for our website, catalogues, ads, posters, books etc. This applies to all non-commercial uses of images of artistsʼ works. Wherever there is a commercial use of the image both the artists and NZ Sculpture OnShore agree to discuss entering into an agreement for the use of the image.
12.4 Given that all copyright in the sculptures remain with the artist this necessarily means that although you have copyright in the images you take, neither you nor we have an automatic right to use those images without the artistʼs approval. As such it is important to note that you do not have the right to sell any of the images without the consent of both the artist and NZ Sculpture OnShore Ltd.
12.5 In consideration for the NZ Sculpture OnShore awarding the prize to the winner, the winner gives NZ Sculpture OnShore non-exclusive rights to use their submitted image and Instagram name in promotional formats such as announcing the winner via the NZ Sculpture OnShore website, NZ Sculpture OnShore Facebook page and NZ Sculpture OnShore Instagram app and in subsequent competition promotions (with attribution). The winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
13. Use of personal information
13.1 By entering the competition and accepting the terms and conditions, you agree that NZ Sculpture OnShore may use your personal details for the purpose of conducting the competition, including the use of your Instagram name in promotional formats.
13.2 By entering the competition, you give NZ Sculpture OnShore permission to contact you via Instagram if you are a winner of the competition.
14. The promoter reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address.
15. The promoter shall endeavour to contact the winners via their Instagram account within two weeks of the prize announcement. In the event that the winner cannot be contacted after one month, an alternate winner will be selected and the original winner will forfeit any prize. The unclaimed prize will be awarded to the judges' second choice.
16. Prize is as follows:
Instax Mini 11